MA, MBA, CFP®
Shelby Russell joined The Advisors Group after she returned to Lubbock in 2007. She is a Certified Financial Planner® practitioner with a unique combination of education and experience to inform her work as financial advisor.
Shelby helps provide comprehensive financial planning, utilizing her background as a resource for women, seniors and their family members in planning for current and future transitions. Shelby passionately believes in empowering individuals and families to make proactive plans as well as providing the support needed in crisis situations.
Education & Background:
- Bachelor of Science in Family Studies from Texas Tech University
- Master of Arts in Family Counseling, Azusa Pacific University in CA and became a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- She spent 15+ years as a Counselor, Therapist and Supervisor
- Completed a Master’s in Business Administration at University of La Verne, CA and worked briefly as a Hospice Administrator in DFW
- She later completed the required courses to enable her to take the Certified Financial Planner™ practitioner exam, and obtained her CFP® certification in 2011.
While her work is full of purpose and fulfillment, Shelby also finds great enjoyment outside of work with her volunteer activities and time spent with family and her dog Roxie, the unofficial “greeter” for The Advisors Group. Shelby loves to travel both in the U.S. and internationally, recently returning from an amazing trip with her sister Sherryle to New Zealand & looks forward to many more adventures in the years ahead.